Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Salad Nicoise aka Tuna at Café Mansfeld

The other day I was with a group of family members from near and far at the Israel Museum, Jerusalem. We took a late lunch together at Café Mansfeld, the dairy restaurant there, and most of us ordered the same thing, the Salad Nicoise aka Tuna.


I gave away my potato which, as you can see, still left me lots of delicious food to eat. Considering how much walking I had done throughout the morning and early afternoon, this simple salad was amazingly satisfying.

Cafe Mansfeld got the vegetables absolutely perfect, which isn't easy. The green beans were cooked exactly right and not overcooked. There's nothing I hate more than overcooked vegetables.

It's important to know that you can enter the restaurant without entering the museum. There's parking and lots of buses go there, too.

Besides salads, they serve soups, fish, sandwiches, coffee and the most irresistible cakes. You can reserve for groups and parties. Call 02-563-6280. 052-9709422 or email: cafe@mansfeld.co.il

No comments: