Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Revolutionary Health Diet Advice

Today as I was eating my breakfast, apple and fresh ginger in goat yogurt, I turned on the television and found myself watching a morning "health" show.

A woman in her late forties asked a doctor how to improve the health and weight of her family. She said that they, her children and herself, were always tired. The first thing the doctor asked was what they ate for breakfast.
"Sweetened coffee and cake."
The doctor replied that all that sugar has to go. They need to have something fatty in the morning, like real cream or coconut cream in their coffee, a slice of avocado, nuts, etc. He told them that he, too, has been working hard to remove sugar from his diet. Natural fats are healthy, much healthier than all of the sugar most people eat, whether added to coffee or within all sorts of prepared foods.

The doctor also said that he keeps a supply of nuts with him for quick energizing snacks. This all jives with what I've been hearing for years and suits my conclusions about which sort of diet works best. Anyone who carefully reads the ingredients of all the low-fat reduced fat foods comparing them to the full-fat varieties will discover that the fat is replaced by sugars and salts. That makes the low-fat reduced fat foods extremely unhealthy, much worse for us than the natural fat originals.

What's your experience with this sort of eating?

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Yes, my weight is slowly going down again. No sugar and high protein and few carbs seems to work for me. I don’t go mad with the fats, but am having real butter to do a scrambled egg in and full fat yoghurt. It all tastes so much better and fills me up too. Plus I bought a step counter and am trying each day to beat the distance walked the day before. Every little helps!

Batya said...

Great
I use my phone to count steps. Natural food is so much more filling than the fake stuff.

sandra said...

Sandra O. I love healthy fats.I find them satisfying and that makes me happy and satisfied.

Batya said...

Nothing makes me hungrier than fatless raw food.