Sunday, September 24, 2017

One-Pan Meal, Tuna Steak and Veggies


This easy to prepare, healthy fish meal can be served any time, but we had it on the second night of Rosh Hashanah. Honestly, there's a limit to how many meat or poultry meals even carnivores like us can truly enjoy.

My husband and I have made it a custom to have fish on the second night of Rosh Hashanah. One of the reasons is that for those of us who strictly follow Jewish Law, heating up food for that meal can't begin until it's dark. Since I just use an electric "hotplate," aka platta, I need to serve something that can heat quickly or be eaten cold.

Most years we eat salmon, which heats up very quickly and easily. But this year I decided to try these tuna steaks, since I'd have to "saw off" a chunk of a large piece of frozen salmon. The tuna tops online and is surrounded by zucchini and pumpkin. On top I sprinkled some paprika and dill, plus oil. Then I covered it and cooked it all before Rosh Hashana. It was served with potatoes and salad.

The One-Pan Meal, Tuna Steak and Veggies is a tasty, filling and easy to make meal.

No comments: