Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Small Salad, Big Enough

As you must know by now, I'm trying to knock off a few kilo. They snuck back this past year or so. I must admit that my self control has gotten pretty weak, and I've been eating out a bit more than in the past. No doubt these two factors have contributed to the weight gain.

The other day I went out to lunch with a few friends. One was in from abroad, and we really wanted to spend time with her. We met at the Greg Cafe in Center 1, Jerusalem, between the Central Bus Station and the String Bridge. There's a Greg in most Israeli malls, and most probably other locations, too. They somehow manage to keep up standards.

We ordered different foods, fish, quiche, vegetable patties, and I ordered the Small Greek Salad.


Usually, I don't have any problem stuffing a full-size Israeli restaurant salad into me, even though they are humongous. A couple of weeks ago, I met some other friends, actually in the Greg in Hadar Mall, and shared a big salad. Afterwards, I wasn't hungry. This time I didn't have a salad partner, so when I noticed that there was a Small Greek Salad on the menu which only cost about NS35, I asked the waitress, "how small?" After her pantomime, I decided to go for it.


Cafe Greg
Floor 1
02-6249213





It's actually a perfectly adequate salad, and for a restaurant salad, it was a decent price. In terms of diet and budget, I have no complaints. And I certainly recommend it. It's kosher dairy mehadrin.

No comments: