Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Great Way to Clean/Clearout

This week when realized that we'd be at the Kotel for a Bar Mitzvah I went through my collection of scarves to see what I could donate. Yes, many of the scarves offered to women for "covering up" had once belonged to women like myself.

I discovered a few years ago, that the women who offer scarves to those not suitably dressed for the holy site are happy to get donations. This is the second time I donated scarves, and this time I even added a few hats. Both times they were so gratefully received. And like that first time, I managed to see a few women wearing something I had donated before I left.


It's a wonderful feeling to know that a donation is appreciated and needed. And I'm glad to have emptied the drawers, even though I really should give away more things.

No comments: