Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush... Yum

As I was growing up, that song/dance was a constant. I've known it all my life. But to be perfectly honest, I couldn't pick out a mulberry or mulberry bush to save my life.


A couple of weeks ago, a Shabbat guest brought us a bunch of small berry-like fruit from her garden and said that they are mulberries. They were from her garden, and she also told us that there's a mulberry tree in the little park right across from our house.

Local kids like to eat straight from the tree, although the berries actually tend to have bugs that should be rinsed out.



The mulberries were delicious, and I'm glad to finally know what they look and taste like.

Apparently, they are extremely healthy and rather low in calories, too.



No comments: