Saturday, March 04, 2017

Anything Everything Omelets

When I was growing up, we weren't all that creative with our omelets. About the only things I remember being added were onions, tomatoes and cheese. And rarely were they all in the same omelet.

I have an omelet almost every day for breakfast, and my omelet making is getting more and more creative. I'm always trying different vegetables, but davka cheese isn't included. There's a simple reason for the lack of cheese. It's fatty, processed and unnecessary. I get sufficient protein from my two eggs, which are much healthier.

As you may know from previous posts, I've been adding fresh ginger to my omelets recently. Here are some of my latest.


Celery, tomato, onion, garlic, ginger...

Tomato, squash, onion, garlic and ginger.

Onion and carrots. I wasn't home.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Good ideas. I also like mushrooms in my omelette. My all time favourite is keeping a bag of frozen chopped spinach in the freezer and just popping out a few of the little cubes in the pan before the eggs. I feel like the green stuff is healthy, but the taste is good too. How's the weight going? I'm good all week, but limiting myself on the challah on Shabbat is really hard. I think I have an addiction to bread! Once I start again on it, I just need more! Lol

Batya said...

Yes, I also add mushrooms, and must buy some spinach.
The weight refuses to budge, sigh.