Saturday, February 11, 2017

Picnic Lunch, Eating Creatively

One day last week I went to Jerusalem without packing a lunch nor wanting to eat/buy restaurant food.  I did take a cucumber and mushroom all washed and ready to be eaten with some cottage cheese. Now, I've done the cottage cheese meal before. Every supermarket or even small grocery store offers a "free spoon" if you ask, and that was my plan.

Somehow, I, davka, ended up in a supermarket that had run out of these free spoons. By the time I had discovered that, I had already paid for my cheese and figured I'd somehow manage, which I did.




As you can see, I used the veggies to scoop out the cheese and had a lovely meal in the little park by Safra Square, the Jerusalem Municipality.  I enjoyed watching the trains go by and admired the late winter greenery. It was a nice change of pace for me, and the weather was perfect. It felt like spring, though the trees were still bare. The weather forecast for this week is a return of winter, so I'm glad I had that opportunity to picnic creatively.

No comments: