Monday, December 05, 2016

Craving Compote

The other day I got back from Jerusalem with a slightly upset stomach and a strong craving for apple compote. The craving may have begun a few days earlier when I thought of making baked apple for dessert. In the end I didn't, because the last time I did, my husband wasn't very enthusiastic. If I were to make baked apples, I'd have to supply him with a cake, so I ended up not having the apples.

But then I really found myself seriously needing cooked apple, so I made myself compote.

raw ingredients

There are just three ingredients besides water, as you can see in the photo:

  • pieces of apples
  • cinnamon
  • fresh ginger
While it was cooking I had some nice mild tea, also with a bit of fresh ginger. After smelling that it was cooking, I turned off the flame and waited for at least ten minutes. And then finally I had the Apple Compote, and it hit the spot. Suddenly I felt so much better. I finished every single drop.


PS Correct, no sugar at all. It is so sweet on its own cooked/stewed in minimal water.

No comments: