Thursday, November 03, 2016

Onion Honey Cure- Homemade Cough Syrup

I don't remember where I got the instructions/recipe for this natural cure against coughs and scratchy throat. But it's better and a lot cheaper than buying lozenges and cough syrup. So when you're home and need something soothing, give it a try. I made a very simple version.  Googling it*, I discovered that some people add garlic and keep it in a covered jar, but I just made this one in a teacup. 

cut up an onion

spoon on a bit of honey

within a few hours....
It takes just a few hours for a natural cough syrup to form combining the best of the onion and honey.

Of course, if you're not home, you will need to find some sort of lozenge to have with you. Most are not only awfully expensive, but they are so full of sugar, you may as well buy a regular sucking candy. So, it's best to look for one of the sugarless types.

*Here are a couple of the articles I found on the internet:
Homemade Honey & Onion Cough Syrup
HOMEMADE ONION HONEY COUGH SYRUP

No comments: