Sunday, November 27, 2016

Camera's Missing*, but Compared to What Others have Lost...

This morning the big yellow sun called to me for a picture. I went to get my camera, and it wasn't there. So I tried all sorts of the usual hideouts, and I couldn't find my red Canon IXUS 145 😕😟.

Believe me, I'm not the type to lose and misplace things. I checked every possible place.  It's not the end of the world, really. I still have my phone, bli eyin haraa, not to tempt the evil eye... and the camera may show up, of course.

But even more important to remember is that over the past few days many Israeli homes have burnt to a crisp or sustained so much damage, that something like a camera is just history and one of the most easily replaceable items of the horrendous amount lost.

Mateh Binyamin, Benjamin County website
Mateh Binyamin, Benjamin County website
Facebook
May Gd quickly send rain to put out the flames, and may those flames turn on the terrorist arsonists who lit them.

*PS I did find my camera. I suddenly remembered that I had put it with my phone, on the shelf over my bed. Prior to that I had remembered that it was around right before Shabbat and that it was in a place not usually placed. May Gd help those with real problems!

No comments: