Saturday, October 01, 2016

Mint Sauce for The Lamb

Now, to be honest, I've never made lamb, nor have I made mint sauce for lamb. Now, as you loyal readers know, and the rest of you are reading now, my husband has been hankering for lamb. He had been hinting rather broadly the past couple of years that he wants lamb for Rosh Hashanah. I asked/blogged around for advice on recipes and general lamb cooking instructions. I finally bought a monstrous piece, smallest I could find, in Rami Levy and even managed to get it into my freezer. That's child's play compared to fitting it into my oven, which I'll tell you about in a later blog post. I have a super tiny, actually two super tiny ovens...

Well, back to the Mint Sauce... all the recipes said the lamb should be served with Mint Sauce. A friend gave me a simple recipe, just my type, no quantities.
Chop up a quantity of Mint (Nana) add a teasp. of sugar Mix some vinegar with equal quantity of water and pour on the mint and let stand.
She said I should do it a few days in advance. So, here it is:

mint, cleaned and chopped

plus sugar

water and vinegar

bottled and waiting
I hope I did it right...

4 comments:

sara g said...

i always thought mint sauce was a jelly type thing, like cranberry sauce... but i never ate it, so i probably was wrong.

Batya said...

No doubt it's lots of things...

Sandra said...

British mint sauce is exactly these ingredients but chopped up very finely. It goes perfectly with lamb! Shana Tova! May you have a peaceful, healthy new year full of good things

Batya said...

Thanks forvthe clarification. Next time will try to chop better.