Monday, August 01, 2016

Inexpensive, Easy and Fun Way to "Jazz Up" The Table

1-  Anyone who knows me well, knows that I'm not good at fancy decorating. I just don't go for things that are too fussy and hard to take care of.  Over a year sgo after a trip to the states and eating at some lovely Shabbat tables I began to feel that my plain white tablecloth was just too plain, but I didn't know what to do and didn't want to go "full color."

2-  At work I kept eying a gorgeous headscarf, which I didn't need at all. I didn't have anything to go with it, and it wasn't the fabric I like at all.

3-  Suddenly I realized that the scarf had the same colors as our fleishig Shabbat dishes, and the long scarf would make a great "table runner." It certainly has! And it's washable!! I launder it each week with the tablecloth. 

4-  One of our daughters gave us a "hotplate runner" which matches both.

5-  I was so happy with the scarf runner that I bought another one.




What do you think?

No comments: