Monday, July 18, 2016

Summer Fun!


How did we get through the summers without convenient swimming pools?

When I was a kid in Bell Park Gardens, Bayside, NY, it was so complicated to get to a pool or beach. We had these small blow-up wading pools and sprinklers to run under. Day camps didn't have pools either. Only sleepaway camps had pools and lakes, depending on the camp. And of course, it rains in New York in the summer.

And when we moved to Great Neck, a large reasonably priced public swimming pool was built. My family joined. At least I was a teenager then and could go without an adult. I'd cycle the two miles to get there and back.

Here in Shiloh, we have a pool, we've joined just a couple of minutes' walk away. My daughter has the same distance to hers, so the grandkids can enjoy swimming.

In good health!

No comments: