Friday, June 03, 2016

Sneaking into Shul

There's a synagogue in our Rami Levy supermarket, Sha'ar Binyamin. During afternoon and evening there are always calls on the loudspeaker inviting people aka men to doven (pray) Mincha and Ma'ariv, the afternoon and evening prayers. There's no women's section, no mechitza. But periodically, when I need a place to either say Tihillim, (Psalms) or Mincha I sneak in when it's empty.

And that's what I did yesterday. Before signing into work at Yafiz, I realized that, as I had gotten to work by tremp, hitchhiking, I hadn't said them.



2 comments:

goyisherebbe said...

Rami Levy, a fine Jew. Anybody who puts shuls in his supermarkets has to be a pretty fine Jew. Annex Judea and Samaria now. See the interview with Bassam Eid on A7. I shared it. And keep davening, learning Torah and saying Tehillim. When I finish Sanhedrin and make a siyum you and Winky will be invited.

Batya said...

Amen. Thanks