Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Easy, Tasty and Impressive Eggplant Recipe


This past Shabbat we had a guest who is on a "no nightshades diet," so I had to separate the nightshade vegetables from the others in cooking and also in the salad. I have a number of friends who find their lives better sans nightshades. One of them wrote a bit of it up for me awhile ago:
A Jewish Grandmother : Here it is! The First Person Anti-Arthritis By Not Eating Nightshade Vegetables Report
Since I did have eggplant and other nightshades to cook, and my husband expected to eat them, I cooked them separately. As you can see here, I took the eggplant, sliced it and placed slices of tomato and fresh garlic. Then I poured a bit of oil on top, wrapped them well in foil and baked them until soft, in a pan, so the juices wouldn't drip all over.

It was very easy to make, impressive to serve and delicious, too. Also Kosher for Passover!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The food looks tasty!
-LorriM.

Batya said...

Thanks!
Easy is my way of cooking!

judee @ Gluten Free A-Z Blog said...

I love this idea! TAsty, easy, beautiful to serve.

Batya said...

Besides my cake and challa all my recipes are gluton free