Monday, December 14, 2015

Chanukah, 5776, 2015, Day #8, Partying!






Well, we won't be lighting any more chanukiyot until next Chanukah!

Yesterday I had a busy time, since it was Rosh Chodesh. That meant rain or shine we, the intrepid Women of Tel Shiloh went off to pray there.




On the way back, after praying, we noticed that there are signs that the ground and plants are reviving due to the Gd given blessed rain. Next Rosh Chodesh, Shevat, will be Monday January 11, and Gd willing by then we'll see lots of green all over.

Later in the day, actually after I had lit my chanukiyah at home, I went to the "senior citizen" Chanukah party. Actually, I had been asked to help translate the talk from Hebrew to English.  It was a lovely party, and Shiloh neighbors of all ages had been invited to join in the festivities as you can see from the pictures.



Young and old, everyone had a wonderful time. And now it's time to diet...

No comments: