Friday, November 20, 2015

"Adventures in JewishBookLand"

Maybe you've guessed that Tzivia is the host of this month's Jewish Book Carnival. She is! This is a Jewish blog carnival that features book reviews on Jewish books of course.

And you must have also guessed that I have a review in that collection, Book Review: Lessons in Leadership by Rabbi Jonathan Sacks.  I also have a collection of books to read and review. I'm in the middle of one right now. It's the second of the Elisha Davidson series. My review of the first is here-click. I generally get books to review from agents and publishers who somehow heard that I review books.

I also contact people when a book seems interesting offering to review it. That happened very recently when I saw reference to a new book on facebook. I commented that I review books on my blogs. I was told to write to the author's email, which I then did. She asked me about my blogs, so I sent the links. Then she replied that we know each other. She's a customer of mine in Yafiz, Sha'ar Binyamin, and I had just recently tried to find an item for her. So instead of mailing the book, she dropped it off at the store for me. You could say that we all have our secret lives...

So, check out the Jewish Book Carnival to get some ideas of books to read and buy. Chanukah is almost here, and books do make great gifts.

No comments: