Monday, July 13, 2015

Vacationing at Home

Every year some of my neighbors and I have the same conversation:
"We have everything we need for a heavenly vacation right here in Shiloh!"
mesmerizing blue water

"Yes, there's no need to go any place!"
We say this as we're enjoying our Shiloh Swimming Pool. In Shiloh, the swimming is "separate." During womens or mens swimming hours, there are not even any children. The rest of the day is geared towards kids, and for many families, having pool membership is a necessary summer expense.  My husband and I have membership in the pool. That way we can encourage ourselves to go, even when we don't have all that much time.
The pool is a very short walk from my house, which is a real bonus for us.




If I want to go away for a vacation, it won't be during pool season, certainly not if I have any say in the matter.

No comments: