Friday, July 03, 2015

I Want Your Opinion-- Should I Change The Name of this Blog?

For the longest time I've been thinking that this blog has the wrong name. I didn't quite understand the importance of a name for a blog when I started it. Remember that this blog and Shiloh Musings are among the oldest Jewish blogs still getting daily posts in the world. Actually, besides my husband's, I don't know of any other blogs as veteran as mine.

Since I didn't have a very clear idea of what I'd be posting here other than the fact that it wouldn't be political, I thought of "Meanderings" as a name but blogger said that the name had already be snagged. I then tried "meander," but if I remember correctly, that was also taken. So I just stuck the hyphen between the two syllables and invented "me-ander." It says nothing, therefore it doesn't draw any readers on google search. There was a time when the search engines were less sophisticated, and I'd find that people got to my blog by searching for "anderwear," sic.

I almost changed it a few years ago to something like:
  • thanks
  • grateful
  • miscellaneous 
I'm just wondering. What do you think? Do you have an idea for a name that would bring me more readers?

Honestly, I'd really appreciate your opinion, so please don't be shy about voicing it in the comments and even suggesting a name that would draw readers. Thanks!!!

No comments: