Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Apologies to Joyce Kilmer...

I THINK that I shall never see 
A silhouette lovely as a tree.
For the very first time ever, I've produced a photo that doesn't look like a photo. What do you think?


It's for 52Frames Silhouette. I think it looks more like a simple woodcut or etching, rather than a photo, but I'm not an expert in art media. I used the free IrfanView program to turn the photo, taken on a day when the sky was a pale grey, into this sepia. It gave the photo much more warmth and interest. Of course, I also cropped it.


I was hoping to photograph trees with a glorious sunrise or sunset, but the weather didn't cooperate, and I suffer terribly from the cold. I also tried some indoor photography which came out so badly, that I'm not even going to show you the photos.

I'll just show you the one I almost used, but after asking a few people in the group, most recommended the one I did choose.


  52Frames is pushing me into a level of photography I never would have entered.

No comments: