Monday, December 01, 2014

The Best Way to Save Money

Yes, I work in a store, Yafiz, Sha'ar Binyamin. Yesterday we had a great one-day sale. The Second Item Only NS10-  Lots of people bought things. There had been people waiting for this sale, knowing that we were due for a sale day. The staff knew in advance, OK, minutes before closing on Friday, so we sent out ads on community email lists and facebook before Sunday's opening.  Lots of my neighbors came in and thanked me.

There have been other sale days when I have bought lots of clothes.

I wasn't among the shoppers. I couldn't think of anything I really needed. And the two week exchange for size/color option would be over before Chanukah. So I didn't buy anything at all.

There are times when, especially in the shoe store, I've told customers that I didn't think it was worth their getting something, because it wouldn't fit right. I make it clear that I don't want them to be afraid to come shop by us, because they'll be afraid of pressure to buy what they don't need. Then they will avoid our store, and that isn't any good. The customers trust me, and they sometimes look for me to help them. A bargain that stays in the closet is no bargain!

No comments: