Saturday, October 19, 2013

RAIN!! Really!

Friday morning I posted about our lack of rain, the dryness we've had this month of Marcheshvan.  Like many, I've been getting worried.  Then it rained a bit.  When I went out to throw out the recyclables I found it pretty wet and took these pictures.



The report was for light, scattered rain, so even though the sky looked pretty threatening I figured we were finished for the day and packed my bag to go away for Shabbat.


Foolish me.  I should have trusted the sky.  Davka when we were walking down to catch the bus it poured and poured and poured.




NO, I'm not complaining, just stating facts and posting pictures.  Thank the Good Lord for the rain!

Shavua Tov
Have a wonderful week

2 comments:

Leora said...

It looks delightful. I'm sure I've said this before, but on my first trip to Israel way back in 1980 I remember being yelled at that we shouldn't complain about rain but be grateful. Enjoy.

Batya said...

It didn't feel "delightful" while sloshing around in soaking wet shoes, but I was very happy that it had finally rained.