Sunday, September 08, 2013

The First Kosher Cooking Carnival of 5774


The Kosher Cooking Carnival is a monthly blog carnival dedicated to all aspects of kosher cooking and kosher food.  I began it many years ago after a "recipe carnival" rejected my post, because the edition's theme was pork.  As a response, I got the message and instituted this blog carnival.  You can submit links via blog carnival, and we use our facebook page as a forum to volunteer to host and announce the posting of editions etc.  Please share this edition of the carnival and the various posts included, thanks.  If you have any questions, just contact me at shilohmuse at gmail dot com.

fruit head, 5774
And don't forget to have a wonderful, healthy, joy-filled year, 5774.

Welcome to the September 8, 2013 edition of kosher cooking carnival-kcc. Some of these posts came via blog carnival, and others I added from blogs I follow.


Reesa Stone presents reesasworld: Cookies, Elul, and G-d posted at reesasworld.

any time dishes

Jennifer's Fresh & local! Find out what...
Batya presents me-ander: Delicious, Easy and Low Carb Musakka posted at me-ander.

anything kosher!

Ruti's "only in Israel" kosher of course food story: Neve Daniel to the Rescue!

Batya presents me-ander: It Was Worth it! posted at me-ander.

My Right Word: I Have a Hot Idea posted at My Right Word.

Yosef presents Fried Green Tomatoes – Gluten Free Recipe posted at This American Bite, saying, "Bringing a little bit of the South into the kitchen!"

 

Every day meals


Batya presents me-ander: Baked Onion Omelet and the Story Of Course posted at me-ander.
Hannah's Cauliflower and Chickpea Soup

Halacha


Ben-Yehudah presents Esser Agaroth: What could happen to a Rabbi who does his job? posted at Esser Agaroth.
Reesa's Cookies, Elul, and G-d, food for thought.

Jewish Shabbat and Holiday food


Devo K presents In the middle, on the right: Rosh Hashana roses posted at In the middle, on the right.
Hadassa presents Challah Demos in Bergenfield
Lorri's Honey Cake for the New Year
Hannah's Salmon and Kiwi Verrine

Restaurant or Cookbook Reviews


Ben-Yehudah presents Top Ten Hidden Gems of Jerusalem posted at Esser Agaroth.

Batya presents me-ander: More in My Coffee Saga posted at me-ander, saying, "coffee review"


That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of kosher cooking carnival-kcc using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.

Share |

Technorati tags: , .

4 comments:

rutimizrachi said...

Hah! Who would have thought feeding the soldiers (with kosher food, of course, but with no recipes) would qualify for inclusion in KCC! Thank you for reposting the good work of the Neve Daniel community, Batya.

G'mar chatima tova!

Batya said...

What can be more kosher than feeding Jewish soldiers Ruti?

rutimizrachi said...

Good point, my friend. They were well-fed, and very grateful. I love this Jewish people!

Batya said...

amen