Saturday, February 23, 2013

Purim Spied...

When I worked  sometimes it's hard to say that I actually taught  in a yeshiva high school, you could easily "spy" Purim from just before Rosh Chodesh, The First Day of Adar.  That's when the festivities really began.  Elementary schools generally have better control over the kids, so they come in costume just before Purim.

Yesterday I spied quite a few kids all dressed up, even some adults. This is a rare year.  Purim started just after Shabbat. The fast, Ta'anit Ester, was two days early, on Thursday.  That left Friday for the kids to dress up before Purim and after the fast.

I went down to the school/store area of Shiloh and spied these costumed kids when was was walking back up.



We have a double Purim here in Shiloh, so there's a good chance I'll get to take even more pictures.  I have just too much to do, so I'll be logging out pretty soon...

2 comments:

Jennifer in MamaLand said...

Aha! Never mind my question on fb, then. I think I knew this last year anyway... doh!

Batya said...

ok
enjoy your Purim