Thursday, January 17, 2013

The "New Me"


Can you see what's new? 

The glasses are my new distance glasses.  I just got them yesterday. Just about a month ago, when I went to watch my son play tackle football in IFL Kraft Stadium I suddenly found it very difficult to find him on the field, read the players' names and numbers.  And then a short while after that I had to ask someone which number bus was approaching.

It was confirmed by the eye doctor and then at the prescription test at the optician.

I was told to wait re:bifocals, or multifocals.  At this stage I should use the distance from afternoon on all the time.  I had really wanted different frames but decided to get cheaper ones.  I hope I didn't make a mistake.  My new stronger reading lenses were put in the old frames. 

It's going to be a challenge to juggle all the eyeglasses including the sunglasses which  I wear all year round, except in the rain and nighttime outdoors.  There's a pretty good chance that next year, and I was instructed to get checked every year, not every two years, I'll have to invest heavy money in multifocals which turn into sunglasses in the bright sun.

No comments: