Monday, January 07, 2013

The "Emergency" That...

As many of you know, we've been without nice hot water during this past cold winter week.  And this is only a couple of months since we got -bought- our new washing machine.  So, when the neighbor called my at work yesterday, to report that there was water pouring from our roof, and it looked like we had a major leak from the hot water solar tank, I could only mutter my thanks and "what next?"

We had been expecting the electrician to check on the short whenever I turned on the water heater, but I hadn't heard from him.  I called the plumber to apprise him of the situation and then the electrician who said that he had opened the valve in order to drain the tank. 
"Everything's under control"   he said.


So I reported that message to the plumber and the neighbor and told her that she's a fantastic neighbor and told the plumber that I had as different job for him to do in a couple of weeks. 

So, Baruch Hashem, when I got home the light was on showing that the water was heating, and now, I'll have my first hot shower, G-d willing, in a week.

It's never dull when you own a home, is it?

2 comments:

Rickismom said...

Little things like this make us realize how dependent we are on technology and how luckey we are.

Batya said...

amen, B"H