Wednesday, August 22, 2012

NY Desserts, Kosher

As many of you know, I'm pretty careful about what I eat, and yummy desserts aren't on my usual menu.  But once (rarely more) a year, when I travel to the states I sometimes treat myself.  Hagen Daz mint is generally a "meal substitute" when no other kosher food is available.

This apple strudel with vanilla ice cream was eaten at U Cafe` and shared with a cousin.  Neither of us needed the extra calories and sugar, but it was a such a sweet evening being together...  Our grandparents would certainly have had approved.


Towards the end of my visit, I met a friend davka for dessert at "My Most Favorite," which is her most favorite place.  I had their carrot cake with cream cheese icing.  I'll eat carrots in almost any form, so consider it a vegetable and cheese dish.


My friend had her fruit for the day in their strawberry shortcake.



Aren't we a couple of health food fanatics?

And for those who don't need or want to justify their choice of dessert by claiming it to be a fruit or vegetable, here are some others I photographed:





No comments: