Friday, June 22, 2012

Flaunting It!

I guess after selling in Yafiz and having to approach a very surprising variety of potential customers for a year and a half, I've gotten more used to being "pushy."  So, in a very different guise, Press at the 2012 President's Conference, I used my color-coded press card to get into sessions that had been declared "full."

That's how I was able to get to a good spot during Israeli President Shimon Peres's special for bloggers "Meet President Peres," even though it had already begun by the time I got there.  Actually I needed it to get into almost every session I attended.  There weren't enough sessions for the participants.  The were all overcrowded.



Pick me out in the picture if you can.

5 comments:

Chaviva Gordon-Bennett said...

I'm so jealous! We didn't do that last year and SO should have.

Batya said...

Chaviva, maybe next year we'll see you there.

jewaicious said...

Lucky you! Great photo.

Shabbat Shalom!

Lady-Light said...

Ha! Gotcha! (Left side, looks like you're shooting a pic yourself). Easy to spot b/c of hat. Me, I wear a shaitel. Makes me look 10 years younger (I know, I know--wrong reason!)
Are they all bloggers? The only one I recognize is Rafi; can you name the rest?

Batya said...

jewaicious, siyate d'Shmaya, right place at right time. I was sure I'd get to Jerusalem much later.

LL, scarf, not hat. I think I look younger in scarves and my minhag/psak doesn't accept shaitels.