Friday, February 10, 2012

Goofed It , I Guess

Never say never.

I never intentionally leave wash out when it may rain and I'm not home. That is pretty true.  For some strange (read: stressed-out) feeling I miss-timed/judged things yesterday.  When I was home, the weather was "spring," meaning dry.  I did a wash and hung it out.  Then I had to rush to work, so I only took in one thing.  Of course, a la Murphy's Law, I waited about twenty minutes for the bus, so I could have taken it all in and done some other chores, too, but... other days the bus came just as I made it to the bus stop--same time.

And when I got home from work, I didn't have the energy to go out in the cold and dark to take it  in.  It was so very dry, who could think of rain?  And what did I hear in the morning as I woke up? Yes, rain.

It has been raining on and off all morning, and I even put a wash in the machine which will probably have to be hung in the house, not the nicest way to decorate.

Call that my kvetch of the day.  Sorry

And of course, there are some of you who just can't imagine living sans clothes dryers.  We do have one, a small inefficient one, just as bad as my washing machine which doesn't do a great spin.  But I must admit that the slow spin is much better for my clothes.  I can launder almost anything without destroying it.  That's a money saver for sure.

No comments: