Friday, August 05, 2011

Working on Friday

Yes, today I have to go to work.  I guess that one of the reasons I'm not enthused by the idea that Sunday's are being proposed as a "day off" is because I know that it'll just be another shopping day, like it is in the states now.  So the poor schlubbs working low wages in stores will have more complicated lives.

My kids are all grown, so I don't have to figure out what to do with them when there isn't school.  Most of us working in Yafiz are either older or younger than that stage.  One of the hard-working full-time workers is a single-mother who had to take her kids in the other day. Salary does not cover the expense of a babysitter.

Yesterday I didn't get all the cooking done.  I was tired,  ok and lazy.  I only looked for guests this week for Shabbat lunch.  Friday night, we eat so late, and I'll need the sleep.

Shabbat Shalom

No comments: