Saturday, August 20, 2011

"Bake and Serve" Turkey Wings With Eggplant


The picture tells it all basically.  You can see what I put layered in my trusty baking pan.
  • turkey wings
  • eggplant
  • onion
  • tomato paste, some catsup and spices
  • oil and water, so it won't dry up and burn
All this was baked.  I covered it with aluminum foil half-way through.  Sorry, I don't know how long I baked it.  I was in a terrible rush to finish and make sure it was cool enough to be stored in the fridge, since I had to go to work.

And now, in case you're one of my facebook friends who knew I had been experimenting, the verdict.  How did it taste?  Well, my husband and I both liked it.  I served it with more vegetables.  It was very filling and great if you're on a low carbohydrate and/or low calorie diet.  But it's not a "diet food."  Choose whatever side dish you like and can eat.  I'm sure it would taste great with honeyed sweet potatoes, but you won't find that as my side dish.  One of those I do serve is sweet potatoes baked with pumpkin.  Lots of orange veggies, so it's delicious and healthy, too.

No comments: