Monday, July 18, 2011

Natural Wonders- More Pics From Recent Trip to USA

I spent a long weekend in Arizona, because my parents and sister (and her family) live there.  I was with very generous friends for Shabbat who were horrified to discover that although it was my third visit I hadn't been to see the Grand Canyon and had no plans to go.  They announced that they wanted to take me up there on Sunday.  So, after Shabbat I called my sister to ask if she minded.  She told me to enjoy the opportunity.

Here are some of the pictures from the Grand Canyon and nearby Sedona.  You may notice that some of the pictures were taken from a moving car, even through the closed window, and at other times we stopped, and I even got out to see/photograph from more angles.  There's more on my facebook page.






















Is there a poem about these sites?

Trees by Joyce Kilmer, 1886–1918

I THINK that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the sweet earth's flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day, 5
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain. 10

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice and all.
i still like israel better.

Batya said...

Granted, but don't forget that G-d also created the Grand Canyon and Sedona.