Monday, February 07, 2011

There Are No Bargains When It Comes To Good Coffee

Another disappointment...
Last week I decided to try/buy the much cheaper package of the mid-eastern with cardamom coffee I saw at Rami Levi's.  The package is white with mostly green decorations and lettering.  Don't buy it.

I must stick with the Elite Turkish Coffee with Cardamom.  I'll have to have this new stuff join the fake mocca when I clean out the pantry before Passover.  The question is which plants should get them as fertilizer.  We have grapes, sterile lemon, need to be pruned roses, a pathetic apple tree, hardy rhizome irises, a giant olive tree and many other plants that would prefer to be cared for, not abused.  I wonder which would prefer the faux coffee.  Suggestions would be welcome; I wouldn't want to kill any of my plants.

6 comments:

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
You can send the fake mocca to me. I'll try any coffee if it's free. If I don't like it I'll put it in the compost heap, where it will decompose before it has a chance to harm any plants or trees.
P.S. I've just finished a cup of real coffee with cardamon. Good stuff.

Batya said...

It's a bit crazy to take bags of awful coffee to the wedding and give it to your neighbors, or I would.

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
Send it the way I sent you the cardamon coffee.

Batya said...

I'll try another method. I'll try the "email to the yishuv list to see if anyone can take a חבילה קטנה לאלון מורה." Email me your phone # so I can put it on the pack and let you know when it's sent off.

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
OK

Batya said...

Let's see if it works. I see notes like that all the time.