Saturday, January 01, 2011

Post-Flu Energy? Is That Why I Baked Challah?

I'm not quite sure why I did it, but I baked challah for Shabbat.  And not only did I bake it, but I baked it on Friday on one of the shortest pre-Shabbat Fridays of the year.  And I got very little sleep the night before, but for some really peculiar reason I baked challah.

One of the reasons I don't bake challah is because I love my challah and I eat it.  So I made small challot.  Nobody else found it irresistable, just me.  I don't quite understand why.  I'm not supposed to eat the challah, since it's not on my low carb diet.

It was all done by hand, no mixer, just me.  I tried to think good and loving thoughts.

So, I guess I'm finished with the flu, though I'm still a bit congested, nothing serious, thank G-d.

Now I have to freeze the left-over challa.  It was delicious, too delicious....

2 comments:

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
I've heard that there are segulot in baking challa, especially if you make enough to separate the "challa" with a blessing. Maybe this was a kind of "thank you" for recovering from the flu?

Batya said...

I kept trying to keep good thoughts as I worked the dough. G-d willing...