Thursday, March 25, 2010

Look What Came To Shiloh!!

First of all, I almost always have my camera strapped to me when I go out of the house.  It's not that I always take pictures, but there's a feeling of "what if...?"  Last night as I was ready to go out, my neighbor asked:

"Would you really feel naked without it?"
I ignored her comment, best as I could...


From a distance, this metal enclosure looked like some sort of animal cage.  When my friend and I were walking (more like shuffling for me) around the neighborhood last night, we spied something new.  She tried reading the Hebrew first.  I was too busy getting my hah! I knew I should have brought it camera out of the case.



"What does this mean?  It looks like it's to collect plastic bottles and bags, but it says, 'לא למחזר Don't recycle.'  That doesn't make sense.  What do they mean by זה מטורף? Zeh metoraff?"








I finally looked at the sign.  Yes, it was clear that this new structure was for collecting plastic for recycling.  What could that sign mean?


זה מטורף לא למחזר
Zeh metoraff lo l'machazor
The actual translation is:
It's insane not to recycle

Yes, Shiloh has joined the international recycling community.


חג פסח כשר ושמח
Have a Kosher and Happy Passover

No comments: