Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2 Walks +

My husband was in today and could watch my father.  And though I could have traveled, I decided to save money and stay home.

I walked twice, morning and night plus the walk with my father.  It's very difficult to get enough exercise, and when I'm home I eat too much.  I don't want the weight I lost to return.

Three friends were supposed to come every week to exercise, but it hasn't worked out.  One friend came a few times and we did Pilate's to a DVD, and another friend came once or twice and we sweated to the Oldies on a Richard Simmons DVD.

I've really slowed down, my computer and I are competing for the slowest award.

4 comments:

Keli Ata said...

I've always wanted to try pilates but from the infomercials for the DVDs it looks difficult, almost like Yoga.

Sweatin' To The Oldies is more my speed--and it has music.

Batya said...

Pilates isn't for me; there was too much stress on my neck and knees.

Sweating to the oldies is fun but it's not much of a workout. But without doing it, no exercise at all in the house.

Keli Ata said...

I've really found that walking is the best exercise for me--out of necessity I walk--even to the convenience store, which is pretty decent hike.

All the more so if I have to walk to the actual supermarket.

Batya said...

Walking is the best, but I like to supplement it with other things, especially exercising in the water.