Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sadly

Baruch Dayan HaEmet

Our beeper just went off a few minutes ago.  And now I  took off a name from my list of friends who need our prayers. P'nina Perla bat Sofia Zlata lost her battle to live two years after getting that dreaded diagnosis.

In a couple of hours we will gather at our neighborhood shul and then go to the Shiloh Cemetery.  And then her family, husband, children and siblings will have the week before Rosh Hashannah to sit shiva.

Pinina worked for many years as a gannenet, nursery school teacher.  Her eldest son was murdered by Arab terrorists a few years ago.

At the time she was discovering that she was ill, she was privileged to be with her daughter in the delivery room for the birth of her second grandchild.

The last few times I saw her, she was only concerned with others, their health and trying to arrange "matches."

HaMakom y'nachem...
May G-d comfort the mourners...

5 comments:

Leora said...

Baruch Dayan HaEmet - so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

JJ said...

I'm so sorry about your friend. Baruch Dayan Haemet. And I won't be at the convention tonight because I have a bar mitzvah to go to.

Celebrations and sadness.

Batya said...

Leora, RR, thanks. RR, I'm glad it was a simcha which kept you away.

rutimizrachi said...

I'm so sorry, Mahmee. We're losing too many friends, waiting for this Moshiach fellow. May you and all of us be comforted...

Batya said...

ruti, thanks so much
I guess we need these Tzaddikim to plead our cause in Olam Haba.