Saturday, September 12, 2009

Like Those Reality TV Shows

I think that I finally figured out why my blogs don't have much following, why they're not all that popular.  The really popular ones are like reality tv shows.  They offer a peak into the lives, the intimate, the nitty-gritty of others. 

This doesn't have to include the "dirt," but the great "real life" bloggers reveal a lot more than I'm willing, or my family would put up with.  People are fascinated by what's happening behind the scenes.

My diet/change in eating/weight loss has impressed people who know me f2f, see me more than those who just read about it.  Why should you believe that I've lost over 30 pounds, 15 kilo?  Tomorrow is the second Jewish Bloggers Convention.  I wonder if anyone will notice...

Blog carnivals do bring more traffic, but not too many people come back just to see the blogs.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who blogs more than I read, but I do know of others who are just the opposite.  They love reading blogs, and they aren't even bloggers.  They just enjoy reading what others have to say.  Blogs are internet news sheets, magazines etc.  Some are like public diaries.

And some, like mine, are hodge podges of different styles and subjects, food, family, diet, health, photos, misc.

9 comments:

Risa Tzohar said...

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Batya said...

Yes, G-d willing. I'll be late, since I have to finish my teaching day.

Lisa said...

i do blog, but i confess that i read more than i blog these days... i always felt that the first point of blogging should be for yourself, traffic is just an added bonus.

i wish i was going to the convention! if only it were earlier in the day. oh well, next year B"H

Batya said...

Lisa, I guess it all balances out between the reader and the bloggers. Most are more one than the other.

Lady-Light said...

Hey, maybe if I hung out with YOU, I, too, could lose weight! (And, hey--my blog is way smaller than yours!)

Batya said...

My darling, LL, plan your aliyah to Shiloh, and you can join my diet group.
Try hosting a blog carnival. It brings added traffic and some stick. KCC calls you....

Lady-Light said...

You are SO SWEET (I might take you up on it)!
You are also up early, and I am falling off my feet here in galut-land...so am going to bed.

(how much are apt. rentals in Shiloh?. . . )

p.s. -can't find any links to my blog neither on 'Shiloh Musings' nor 'Me'ander'; can you remedy that by any chance? (thanks).

Lady-Light said...

Sorry-forgot to add: too s-c-a-r-e-d to host a KCC (or HH or any blog carnival); I am queen of the procrastinators, and HATE deadlines. But keep working on me...

Batya said...

I just put you on both. Rents are pretty low in Shiloh, but few homes are available. It's easy to get to Jerusalem and the Petach Tikvah/Hod Hasharon area and the Jordan Valley by car. We're on the bus route between Jerusalem and Ariel.