Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Jameel Hated The Food

I can't believe that Jameel hated the food at the 2nd JBlogger Conference.  I was able to fill my plate with lucious salads.

I ignored the lasagna and what looked liked some sort of potato kugel.
Was there any protein?  Good question.  Maybe I missed it.  And about dessert... I noticed grapes and melon.  Was there anything else?  I'm not sure, but earlier on there were cake and cookies I think by the coffee.
Maybe the person/people who chose the menu were on diets, females on diets, maybe...
Well, we only paid NS50 for the event.  And as a blogging couple we paid for two, no, we didn't get a discount...

4 comments:

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

LOL - I DIDNT HATE THE FOOD!!!! :-)

More protein and diet drinks would have helped enormously!

(And the food was advertised as mehadrin, but wasn't)

Anonymous said...

There was no diet soda! What was that about?

goyisherebbe said...

I also had it called to my attention that the food was not mehadrin as advertised. At an event with the kind of attendees who were there warranted visible mention of who the caterer was and what hechsher. A lady with an eyebrow-level head covering was put out about that, and I don't blame her. It was a definite symptom of the gap between the organizers and the attendees. If you want to make the general Jewish public feel comfortable, downsizing the kashrut doesn't help, it only hurts. I will post my full reaction to the conference on Musings.

Batya said...

Sorry Jameel.
goyish, Jameel, good point about kashrut level. It never even occurred to me that there could be a problem. I took for granted that it would be of the highest halachik standards. Yes, I know that one should never take anything for granted.

At least there was water to drink.