Tuesday, September 08, 2009

I'm looking forward to tomorrow...

I hope I don't have to wake up early.  Rare for me, I plan on turning my phone alarm off.  If a phone rings ok, but otherwise, I need sleep.

This morning I was at the pool at 7:45am for a 15 minute session (I hate swimming.)

Then I went to work and had a long day, the longest so far.  Of course, when I worked in the yeshiva high school I sometimes finished at 7:15pm, when the day started as early as 1pm.  Not every day, of course, but I missed all sorts of weddings etc.  In the girls high school the breaks are much shorter, generally five minutes, so things go better.  In the boys school it used to be that way, but then they doubled the breaks, so the kids began going to the dorms in between classes and missing classes or coming back very late, because ten minutes aren't really enough to do much.  But their sense of time is awful.

I've been bringing food for lunch, even though there's a great cafeteria.  I just need the quiet and less rush, just walking to and fro are too much.  There's  a fridge in the teachers room, which I can use. 


Tomorrow's my day off and I'm planning on cooking for Shabbat and Rosh Hashannah, no, not everything, just the chicken for the last/fourth meal.  Then I can freeze it, so it won't take up space in the fridge.

No comments: