Monday, June 29, 2009

The Wrong Sky For Late June

Yesterday's sky was very dark and cloudy. The clouds seemed to scream "rain," but late June is not rain time here in Israel. I did my best to ignore the clouds.

I hung out two washes, and I slathered myself with sun screen, and I went to the pool. Actually, the clouds made the pool more comfortable, since there was less difference in temperature between the air and the water.

Finally, just as I was leaving the pool, at about 9:30, the clouds began to leave and allowed the sun to blast its brightness.









2 comments:

Leora said...

Interesting. We have had the rainiest June ever here on the East Coast. And Ilana-Davita has reported a lot of rain in France.

If you do get rain, hope it's all for good.

Batya said...

Leora, it hasn't rained here, but I did experience some of that June rain in New York. I even bought two umbrellas.