Monday, June 01, 2009

Pre-Travel Nerves

I'm not sleeping all that well. Got up an hour early, gave up trying to get back to sleep, so here I am.

At least I didn't have nightmares about flooding last night, like I had the night before. I guess it's because I finally called a plumber to fix a couple of things which are costing us a ridiculous amount for wasted water, plus a broken toilet which started making all sorts of frightening noises on Shavuot. Luckily, I was able to turn off the water to that one and having two flush and fillable toilets are enough for two "seniors."

Our regular plumber said that he couldn't take on the job and recommended someone else. It makes me nervous trying someone new, but he's a nice guy. The other one we've known since he was a kid. They (his family) were neighbors in Jerusalem, and he and his brother used to play with my older daughters. My older son also worked as his assistant for awhile.

I hope that I'll be able to sleep on the plane. There is no low carb food option on El Al. I checked with the agent.

No comments: