Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Dead Icons From the 70's and 80's

The music of the 1950's and 1960's is ingrained in my body and soul, but by the time Michael Jackson came on the scene, I was into lullabies and children's tunes... with an Israeli accent and flavor. I never caught the Michael Jackson bug, was never a fan of his. Honestly, I just couldn't understand his popularity.

Farrah Fawcett, of the wild hair and toothy smile, wasn't a favorite of mine, either.

It's strange to think that they died the same time. They both took their celebrity very seriously. Show business is hard work.

2 comments:

FlyingBubbie said...

Some of us are a little angry at him for upstaging Farrah. Have a great Shabbas!

Batya said...

Good point. I didn't think of it. Farrah deserved better. I caught a BBC radio interview with Ryan O'Neill in which he spoke very kindly about her.