Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I Have Returned, And There's Less Of Me

Yes, I'm back! I landed at 5am this morning. Pictures to follow, G-d willing, eventually.

I've already been to the pool! So I just missed one morning of the season, since it opened on Sunday. There was a nice crowd of women, and many were new to the "women's hours."

After my shower, I weighed myself, and I'm a few hundred grams, about a pound less than before. That's not bad considering that I tried not to make my "new way of eating" a burden to others. It's pretty easy to keep low carbohydrates even eating out. Of course those salad plates and main course with two side dishes (usually a piece of fish, meat or poultry with a simple green salad plus steamed vegetables) cost more than sandwiches. I was glad to discover that I had lost weight and not gained.

I did treat myself to Mint Chip Hagen Daz. I bought a pint and took two nights to finish it. That took self-control, since I could easily have eaten the whole thing in one night. I had another couple of things I normally avoid, but only enough to be polite.

Once my pictures are on a cd/dvd, I hope to write a series of reviews of kosher restaurants in New York.

6 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

Welcome home!
!ברוכה הבאה

Batya said...

thanks so much, Mrs. S

Anonymous said...

good for you! i am looking forward to reading about the resteraunts

Batya said...

Thanks
I ate at some "new for me" ones.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you're safely back.

Batya said...

id, thanks