Monday, June 22, 2009

Cover-up Swimwear, More Modest and Healthier, Too

Old-fashioned looking modest swimwear for women is becoming easier to find in the pools, beaches and stores... at least here in Israel.

They are made of swimsuit fabric, two pieces, a long tunic and "pedal pusher" length slacks.

Modesty isn't the only reason to wear them. They provide better cover-up protection against the sun to prevent or lower the chances of getting skin cancer.

No, I haven't bought one yet. When I go to the outdoor pool, I wear an old thick white cotton turtle-neck shirt over my bathing suit. It covers the lower neck, which the suits don't. I go to women only swimming, so when I'm indoors, I don't wear the shirt.

I don't think that the tunics come with a built-in bra, so unless the woman wears some support, the bathing suit may be "less modest" than she'd like to believe.

2 comments:

YMedad said...

You should have read my June 2nd blog post on the same subject.

Batya said...

I was busy early June, sorry.