Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Before I Pack...

I had better do more laundry!

The suitcase is down from the attic, and I aired it out yesterday. I bought my travel insurance from Kupat Cholim Le'umit, my sick fund. I picked up luggage tags from the Travel Agency (Zion Tours.) I didn't meet the agent f2f, since she was working the late shift , and I was there earlier.

One of the women from the diet support group volunteered to drive me to the airport, so I said that I'd pay her babysitter and some for the gas. Yes, it will cost more than buses, but I'll be saving time and energy, and it will cost less than a regular driver.

The plumber fixed the toilets and must return to replace the faucet and unclog a kitchen drain. I told him that today would be a bad day for him to work in the house. All I need is extra cleaning and the water turned off and another person wandering around the house. My husband will be home to handle it.

I RSVP'ed a wedding we have after my return, and I still have to call the guy who heads the pool to arrange a membership deal. It's scheduled to open the week I return.

I set up the blog with some posts which will appear when I'm away. So far, I have a week's worth, so please keep checking in to see the surprises.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When exactly are you leaving?

Batya said...

I'm in NY already. Keep checking this blog. I set it up for daily posts. Right now I'm visiting my friend and checking mail while she "Phone learns."