Monday, May 04, 2009

Tag Time, Again

Nad-ned Nad-ned just tagged me! It's nice to have her back blogging, even though she tagged me.

Rules: Ten honest things about me, then pass it on to seven bloggers.


  1. I don't like doing the memes, nor tagging people, but... I do it, because it's nice that people like to tag me, and it's the social thing to do in the blogging world.
  2. I'm a couple of months younger than Isramom. If you check her blog you'll find out how old I'm going to be, and I may as well tag her, too. What else are friends for?
  3. I'm the oldest child in my family, the first cousin on my father's side to get married (by 5 days,) have kids, but my older cousin's granddaughter is older than mine, just like she's older than me.
  4. I used to do needlepoint, and now I crochet simple hats. I can't follow a pattern and have absolutely no idea what stitches I'm doing. My crocheting is by intuition.
  5. I always took for granted that I'd only have brown-eyed children, but G-d played a joke on us.
  6. I'm having trouble thinking of ten things!
  7. I was a vegetarian for 25 years and then got hungry. Now I just can't imagine how I lived without meat, poultry and fish.
  8. I never planned on working. I wanted to be a stay at home mom, like my mother, who was always president or chairman of every organization, pta etc she ever joined.
  9. I started writing two books and got friends to read my progress and then... I fizzled.
  10. I look like my father. Nobody could ever believe that my mother and I are related, until one of my father's cousins saw me walking from a distance and said that I walk like my mother.

I'm tagging Isramom, In the middle, on the right, Ilana-Davita, Ill call Baila, West Bank Mama, ~Sara's View~ and Keli Ata.

12 comments:

Pesky Settler said...

Angry with you? Goodness no! Worse came to worse I would have ignored the tag LOL.

So what color eyes do your children have? My ex and I have hazel eyes (I'm blue-green, he's blue-brown) and we have 2 brown-eyed girls together. My boys, with my very brown eyed, Middle Eastern complected (but totally Ashkenazi) husband are blue eyed... the 2 year old is gingi and the newborn currently has white blond hair...

Ain't genetics fun?

Batya said...

pesky, now I feel better.

Our first 3 are girls, and 1 & 3 have light eyes of the blue/grey/green variety. The middle has dark olive green, formerly turquoise. Our two boys have brown eyes, the elder like my husband's and the younger like mine. My parents and siblings all have brown eyes, and my sister's two kids both have light eyes, like her husband.

My father's father had Paul Newman blue, (I've blogged about it) and my mother's father may have had hazel or brown.

A Living Nadneyda said...

Always the Imp's started out blue and went this gorgeous hazely-green. Blondini Boy has something brownish-greenish going on there. That Guy I Married and I are both brown, brown, brown, as is Elder Princeski. Don't know how the genetics managed to beat the odds like that, but Someone does, so what do we care?

Kol haKavod on the tag-time!

Batya said...

aln, I was so sure that my eldest's eyes would turn brown. Then someone laughed at me and said:
"That blue is blue."
I felt so stupid.

Risa Tzohar said...

See, I did it.

Batya said...

Yes, I was there an commented. Thanks Risa!

Keli Ata said...

Thanks for tagging me! I've only been tagged once before--I'll do my post today.

Batya said...

I'm waiting! Great!

Keli Ata said...

Eye colors are interesting--my mother had brown eyes and hair; my dad powder blue eyes and jet black hair; and my sister has green eyes.

My brother has brown eyes and hair. My sister in law brown eyes and hair and my niece is a blondy with blue-green eyes.

Strange with my dad. As a kid he was a tow head with white blonde hair but as an adult his hair was jet black--eyes remained blue.

The day before he died we went shopping and a young store clerk commented on how beautiful his eyes were. I'll never forget that.

Batya said...

keli, and what color are your eyes?

Anonymous said...

I've just realized I'm tagged.I'll try to do that pretty soon.

Batya said...

No rush, m'dear!