Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Trading Clothes

I had never done it before.

Yesterday, I went down with my comfy beige linen Hagara skirt to my neighbor to have it altered. I ended up giving it to her, a perfect fit. And I came home with two silk blouses and a never-worn Pleat Pleat By Rafael suit, which matches a hat I have and love and almost never wear.

We're both very pleased with our "purchases," and I probably have another few things in my closet to give her. This is really a great way of going shopping.

Another neighbor has done it with her daughter, and that even includes shoes. My married daughter took some of my clothes for her maternity wardrobe. But I've never taken anything from someone else's closet. She had been telling me that she had a couple of things for me, and I didn't believe her.

Now I'm a believer!

No comments: