Sunday, January 04, 2009

Super HH From The Bima

This week's Havel Havelim is humongous. Ima on and off the Bima did a fantastic job organizing the enormous amount of posts sent in.

Considering that there's a war going on here in Israel, as the IDF is trying to make life safer for its civilians, there's hardly a jblogger who didn't post one, two or ten times a day. And not surprisingly most of the posts were sent off to Ima.

Besides the weekly Havel Havelim, Jack has been busy posting daily-plus round ups of posts and articles from the internet. My Shiloh Musings spread south of Shiloh with friends in Nitzan and Netivot. There are many more than just these articles.

As many other Israeli mothers, I'm dreading certain calls from my sons informing me that they've been "called up." I'll embarrass my sons by reporting about it, if/when the time comes. That's part of being an Israeli mother. A generation ago, I was a "wife of a soldier." That's a different role, especially for me, as my husband never had the same sort of front line army job our sons have.

Remember that all of our soldiers are one or more of the following:
  • son/daughter
  • husband/wife
  • brother/sister
  • uncle/aunt
  • mother/father
  • grandchild
  • friend
  • cousin

Join the prayers for wisdom for our leaders and safe, successful battles, and the safe, healthy return of our soldiers.

No comments: